- ‘Data’ shall include:
- Personal Data
- Usage Data
- Cookies Data
- Non-personally-identifiable Data
(Collectively referred to as ‘Data’).
- ‘Personal Data’ shall mean any information relating to a living, identifiable person. It can include names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses Contact numbers, transaction-related information, cookies and usage Data, as well as any other information relating to that person or a combination of information which, when put together, can personally identify such person.
- ‘Data Subject’ shall mean the person whose Personal Data is being processed.
- ‘Special Category Data’ shall mean Personal Data about a person’s race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics (where used for ID purposes), health, sex life or sexual orientation.
- ‘Processing’ shall cover all activities relating to the use of Personal Data by Global Corporate Logistics, from its collection through to its storage and everything in between.
- Global Corporate Logistics, as a business, complies with the principles of GDPR. These guiding principles are:
- Lawfulness, transparency and fairness;
- Purpose limitation;
- Data minimisation;
- Storage limitation; and
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Your privacy and security are of the utmost importance. As a business, we will be guided by these principles.
- WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS:
- This Policy informs you of our policy regarding:
- Ownership of Data
- What Data we collect
- How and why we collect Data
- How we use the Data
- Transfer of Data
- Circumstances under which we would share Data / Third Parties with access to Data
- How we secure the Data
- Children’s Privacy
- How you can control how your Data is used
3.1 Ownership of Data
If you have any questions about your Data, please contact us.
3.2 What Data we collect
We collect Personal Data, usage Data, cookies Data and non-personally identifiable Data.
3.3. How and why we collect Data
The Site obtains the Data you provide when you access and/or interact with the Site, including registration and purchases. Registration may be required if and/or when you want to register, subscribe, purchase and interact with and/or through the Site.
3.3.1 Personal Data
Data may be collected in a number of different ways, including:
- When you register/create an account on the Site
- When you access and/or engage with any of the services on the Site
- Any time you provide Personal Data through the Site.
We do not sell or rent any Personal Data supplied by you and only share information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Any further e-mail addresses, phone numbers and other contact information voluntarily submitted through the Site, in the course of inquiries and comments, are used only for purposes of taking action in relation to the nature of the inquiry or comment.
3.3.2 Usage Data:
We may collect Usage Data about you and your device/s whenever you interact with and/or access the Site (‘Usage Data’). This Usage Data may include, but not be limited to:
- Type of device used to interact with and/or access the Site;
- Your device’s unique ID;
- The IP address of your device;
- Your device’s operating system and version;
- The type of internet browser you use;
- Unique device identifiers;
- Diagnostic data;
- Real-time location information; and
- Information about the way you use and access the Site and how you interact with the Site.
3.3.3 Cookies Data:
3.3.4 Non-personally Identifiable Data:
This information is collected through the cookies and is used to periodically analyse the Site logs to assess aggregate usage trends in order to better serve the needs of our customers. This information may also be used for purposes of systems administration, server troubleshooting and security purposes.
3.4 How we use Data
The Data that is collected is used for various different purposes, including:
- To provide a service to you and to maintain the Site;
- To notify you of any changes to the Site;
- To enable you to participate in the interactive features of the Site if and when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer care and support;
- To provide analysis of the information to that we can improve our service and our Site;
- To monitor the usage of the Site;
- To detect, prevent and address any technical issues;
- To run promotions and surveys; and
- To send email/s in response to accounts, inquiries and comments.
3.5 Transfer of Data
Global Corporate Logistics is a United Kingdom based business serving customers across the globe which may require delivering our services through the use of third-party processors. Furthermore, your Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – servers that are located outside of your country where the Data protection laws may differ from those in your country of residence.
3.6 Circumstances under which we would share Data / Third Parties with access to Personal Data
Global Corporate Logistics may disclose your Data only in the good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Global Corporate Logistics;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Site;
- To perform service-related services and/or updates and/or modifications; and
- To protect against legal liability.
We are committed to reducing at the minimum the Third Parties we use to lower the risks of your Data being exposed. We also assess and review each one of them in order to make sure they have similar and compliant privacy policies.
3.7 How we secure your Data
The security of your Data is very important to us. Although no Data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure when transmitted over the internet or electronically stored, we do have appropriate collection, storage and processing practices in place in relation to the Data we collect to protect against any unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure and/or destruction of Data stored on our Site.
Any Data exchange between you and the Site is done over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
We do take precautionary measures by striving to use commercially acceptable means to protect the security of the transmitted Data, however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use the services of third-party companies and/or individuals to perform service-related services in relation to the Site or to assist us in analysing how the Site is used. These third parties will only have access to such Data as is required to enable them to fulfil their tasks and they are required to maintain the same level of confidentiality and integrity as they would their own confidential information.
3.8 Children’s Privacy
Our Terms and Conditions set out that you are required to represent that you are of sufficient legal age to register your details. The Site is intended for users over the age of 18. If you are not over the age of 18 you must leave this Site.
If we become aware that we have collected the Personal Data of Children, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
3.9 How you can control how your Data is used
3.9.1 Your rights:
When you allow Global Corporate Logistics and/or the Site to collect and process your Personal Data, you gain the following rights:
Right of Access. You have the right to obtain confirmation from us on whether or not your Personal Data is being processed and, if such Personal Data is being processed, you have the right to request and gain access to such Personal Data.
Right to Rectification. You have the right to have the details of your Personal Data rectified if it’s found to be inaccurate and you have the right to provide additional Personal Data to complete any incomplete Data.
Right to Restriction of Processing. You can request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data for a certain period of time and/or under certain circumstances. Should you wish us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data it may affect your ability to use all or parts of the Site.
Opt-out. You can stop all collection of Data by the Site by de-registering your account. There is also the option to opt-out via email.
Right of Erasure. We will retain your Data for as long as you use the Site and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you would like us to delete Data that has been provided by you via the Site, please contact us. Some or all of the user provided Data is required for you to have the full experience of your account registration. Should you wish us to delete this Data it will affect your ability to access the Site effectively.
Right to Object. In certain cases, you have the right to object to the processing, or further processing, of your personal data, in relation to profiling and/or direct marketing purposes.
Right to Filing Complaints. You have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authority if you are not satisfied with the way in which your Personal Data is being processed.
Right to Compensation of Damages. In the event we breach applicable legislation in relation to the collection and/or processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to claim damages for any damages such breach may cause/have caused you.
Cookies. Most browsers are set to accept cookies, but should you not wish to receive cookies we recommend that you set your browser to refuse these. Disabling cookies from this Site may affect your ability to use all or parts of the Site.
3.9.2 Your responsibilities:
It is your responsibility to ensure that the Data you provide us with is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy. We will notify you either clearly on the home page of the Site or by email that changes will be made to this Policy, that the amendments may be viewed and when they become effective.
- Contact Us.